I want my clients to feel like they have all the best information available to them.
In conjunction with discussing any questions you may have with me, I’ve put a few links to relevant pages, resources, and research for you to access.
Understandably there are questions and uncertainty about the safety, governance and qualifications surrounding placenta encapsulation as the is no current regulations, this however will soon be changed. Armstong (2016) advises that mothers to be find a good practitioner who will have undertaken a specialist training course and follow high standards of strict sanitation, promote careful storage, strict sanitation preparation skills and that each practitioner possesses the correct training certification, food hygiene and blood-borne pathology knowledge (Weekley 2007; Selander 2011).
What makes me different?
Why choose an APPA Certified Provider?
There is a code of ethical conduct which assists The Association of Placenta Arts providers in carrying out their responsibilities to their clients, colleagues, the profession and the community. By defining and agreeing to these responsibilities, APPAC providers are required to uphold the highest possible standards in their professional competence, business practices, quality of services and personal integrity. Placenta preparation is not a fad, it is an ancient art form serving more mothers than ever before. The Association of Placenta Arts seeks to promote and protect this work through establishing guidelines for safe preparation techniques and placenta encapsulation training.
Check out my work space, specifically designed for preparing and designing your placenta products. More information HERE.
My qualifications include:
*Holistic Therapist, specialising in Aromatherapy, Reiki, Clinical and Maternity Reflexology
*Placenta Preparation Arts Specialist
Resources and useful links
- Uncovering the Truth About Bacteria and Heavy Metals in the Placenta – APPA
- It’s True: You Can Prevent Hashimoto’s– Dr Izabella Wentz
- Researchers discover placental stem cells that can regenerate heart after heart attack– The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Placenta – Worth Trying? Human Maternal Placentophagy: Possible Benefit and Potential Risks– Sophia K. Johnson, Jana Pastuschek, Jürgen Rödel, Udo R. Markert, and Tanja Groten
- Group B Strep (GBS) and Placenta Encapsulation Safety– APPA
- Placenta cell treatment offers new hope for sick premmies – 9News
- Celeb moms who ate their own placentas – Parents.com
- Wholehearted Family Health– For momma’s and mommas-to-be interested in natural health and well-being
- Natural Mums Western Australia– Facebook group
- Link to my post on Wholehearted Family Health website- 6 beautiful things to do with your placenta following birth
In the last month I have been made more aware of a certain trader in our business. As this field is not yet regulated by a governing body like my Midwifery registration, some traders can come in all shapes and sizes. There are the ones that practice unsafely, being taught via YouTube and those that… Read more
You would likely be aware of one or two famous people who have chosen to encapsulate or ingest their placenta in some way following the birth of their baby. From Kim & Kourtney Kardashian to Hilary Duff, it is widely known that celebrities are sharing their positive experiences with ingesting their placenta in the postnatal… Read more
I’m very excited to have a booth at this years Pregnancy, Baby & Children’s Expo at the Claremont Showgrounds, coming up on August 9th through 11th. I’d love to meet some of you at my booth! Whether you’d like to come ask some questions, share your experiences, or show off your little ones, please come… Read more